This is the time of year when holiday party planning is getting started. Soon, you’ll all be gathering for a night of fun, dinner, and maybe even some company prizes. And it’s the perfect time to get some fresh ideas on how to celebrate with your staff.
It may be the corporate holiday party season right now. But, there are plenty of other holidays throughout the year worth celebrating with a great office party. Consider planning a host of different team-building and celebratory parties all year round in 2024. And today, we’re sharing other traditional and non-traditional holidays that call for a little inter-office celebration! Let us help you with some fun themes and company event ideas!
Benefits of Hosting Regular Office Parties
Office parties bring more value than company leaders might realize. These kinds of celebrations show appreciation, boost morale, and build company culture. Moreover, your annual holiday party is the perfect time to wow your employees with fun and engaging themes that will have them looking forward to it every year after.
- Bring remote teams together.
- Improves teamwork and problem-solving.
- Creates a relaxed environment among employees.
- Reward or award top performers.
So, now that you’re on board with hosting more than just a traditional holiday party for your teams next year, get inspired by these fun and party-worthy holidays. If you need a reason to celebrate – we’re giving you 31!
Holidays to Celebrate Throughout the Year
When people think of a holiday party, it’s usually associated with an end-of-the-year party, around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve. However, there’s no need to stop there when you can get a head start on planning ahead for the next year. Traditional holidays throughout the year are fun to celebrate as well and can bring some exciting themes to go along with them.
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Mardi Gras
- April Fool’s Day
- Cinco de Mayo
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
Wacky Holidays to Inspire Unique Office Party Ideas
If you’re looking to diversify your party ideas beyond traditional holidays, work-related holidays are always a unique way to celebrate. So, create a quirky and special social calendar that will have the office buzzing. These parties are also a great way to incorporate a company-specific holiday onto the calendar. For example, a doughnut company can celebrate National Doughnut Day on June 7th, and a health care center or hospital can celebrate nurses on National Nurses Day on May 12th.
Work-Related Holiday Celebrations
Explore these “work-related” days of celebration and get inspired to find a holiday worth celebrating with your teams!
- Thank Your Mentor Day – January 25th
- Fun at Work Day – January 28th
- Better Business Communication Day – January 28th
- World Engineers Day – March 4th
- Employee Appreciation Day – first Friday of March
- International Women’s Day – March 8th
- Walk to Work Day – April 2nd
- International Fun at Work Day – April 1st
- Administrative Professionals Day – April 24th
- National Nurses Day – May 12th
- National Receptionist Day – second Wednesday of May
- Take Your Dog to Work Day – June 21st
- Labor Day – first Monday of September
- Working Parents Day – September 16th
- Techies Day – October 3rd
- National Boss Day – October 16th
Random Unique Holidays for Holiday Party Fun
If you want to really get creative with your office party themes, think outside the box with these obscure unofficial/official holidays. There are hundreds of “celebratory days” on the wacky holidays calendars out there. So, have some fun with a seasonal or monthly reason to celebrate with an office party.
- Random Act of Kindness Day – February 17th
- World Health Day – April 7th
- National Spaghetti Day – January 4th
- National Cheese Lover Day – January 20th
- National Margarita Day – February 22nd
- National Chicken Wing Day – July 29th
Celebrate each other with these fantastic office party holiday ideas. After all, you know the value of a great office party for your business. And now you know that you aren’t only limited to celebrating in December. So, start planning your 2024 holiday, team-building, or corporate event celebrations now, and trust EMRG Media to handle all the event planning details for you! Contact us, and let’s start planning!